Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo today announced the appointment of 12 U.S. CEOs who will serve in the U.S. Section of the U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum (Forum) during the 2023-2026 term. The newly-appointed members will coordinate, organize and plan the activities of the U.S. Section in preparation for the first in-person Forum meeting under the Biden-Harris Administration.
Additionally, Secretary Raimondo has appointed Mauro Gregorio, CEO of the Dow Silicones Corporation, to serve as the U.S. Section Private Sector Co-chair. In this role, Mr. Gregorio will organize members of the U.S. Section and coordinate with his Brazilian counterpart on Forum activities.
“The U.S. – Brazil CEO Forum is a critical vehicle in deepening our trade and investment relationship with Brazil, and I am proud to appoint these twelve United States CEOs from a cross-section of vital industries,” said Secretary Raimondo. “Their unmatched business knowledge and experience will be essential to advancing the objectives of the Forum.”
Launched in 2007, the U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum is an important cooperative mechanism that brings together up to 12 U.S. and 12 Brazilian business leaders to provide joint recommendations to the U.S. and Brazilian governments on how to strengthen bilateral economic and commercial ties. The Forum leverages the influence of the private sector on global economic affairs and commercial policy, providing a unique mechanism through which to improve U.S.-Brazilian engagement on issues of specific interest to the business community. Members of the Forum provide input and joint recommendations directly to the four government co-chairs: the U.S. Secretary of Commerce; the Director of the U.S. National Economic Council; the Brazilian Minister of Development, Industry, Foreign Trade and Services; and the Brazilian Presidential Chief of Staff.
Members of the U.S. Section of the U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum (2023-2026 term)
- Alvin Alexander, CEO, Orion Applied Science & Technology LLC
- Daniel Fisher, President and CEO, Ball Corporation
- Robert Ford, Chairman and CEO, Abbott Laboratories
- Andrés Gluski, President and CEO, The AES Corporation
- Mauro Gregorio, CEO, Dow Silicones Corporation
- Jenny Johnson, President and CEO, Franklin Templeton
- Donnie King, CEO, Tyson Foods
- James “Joc” O’Rourke, President and CEO, The Mosaic Company
- Kristin Peck, CEO, Zoetis
- Jean-Michel Ribiéras, Chairman and CEO, Sylvamo
- Jabali Wells, Founding Managing Partner, Blackpoll Capital Partners LLC
- Ken Xie, Founder and CEO, Fortinet
Originally posted at https://www.commerce.gov/news/press-releases/2023/03/secretary-raimondo-appoints-us-members-us-brazil-ceo-forum