United States’ Top Foreign Direct Investment Event to Host White House Officials, Cabinet Members, Governors, and Global Business Leaders to Promote Economic Investment, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship in the U.S.
WASHINGTON – The Department of Commerce today announced additional speakers and programming for the 2023 SelectUSA Investment Summit scheduled for May 1-4 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, MD.
Hosted by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo, this year’s notable speaker line-up will now include White House Deputy Chief of Staff Natalie Quillian and Senior Advisor to the President for Clean Energy Innovation and Implementation John Podesta in an armchair discussion of how President Biden’s Investing in America agenda will transform the U.S. economy, create unparalleled business opportunities, and enrich communities across U.S. states and territories.
“We are proud that the U.S. continues to be the world’s top FDI destination for 11 years running and that SelectUSA has continued to expand and support that position through its resources and innovative programs,” said Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo. “We’re excited to come together at this year’s Investment Summit to celebrate the successful ventures of the SelectUSA investment partners and forge new paths for future growth happening under President Biden’s economic agenda.”
Since the beginning of the Biden administration, companies have committed over $435 billion in private sector investments across the United States – one third of which is attributed to foreign investment – and create good-paying jobs in industries that will boost U.S. competitiveness, rebuild infrastructure, strengthen supply chains, and help build a clean energy economy.
Joining the impressive list of speakers and participants at the 2023 SelectUSA Investment Summit:
Cabinet Representation from United States Trade Representative Katherine Tai and recorded remarks from Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg and Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona.
Additional Governors participating include Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards, Maine Governor Janet Mills, Maryland Governor Wes Moore, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper, and Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt.
Newly added Company Executives slated to speak on the main stage include:
- Jimmy Etheredge, CEO, Accenture North America
- Sarah Friar, CEO, Nextdoor
- Ajay Kochhar, President and CEO, Li-Cycle
- Zvi Lando, CEO, SolarEdge
- Michael Suess, Chairman of the Board of Directors, OC Oerlikon
The Investment Summit will also feature:
- Foreign Direct Investment Announcements: in addition to the notable speaker line-up, the conference serves as a major platform for global companies making U.S. investment announcements. This year, SelectUSA anticipates over half a billion dollars in investment deals to be announced at the event.
- SelectUSA Tech Startup Pitching Challenge: The Investment Summit also provides early-stage startups an opportunity to participate in Shark Tank style pitching sessions with leaders from the Venture Capital community. Finalists from each session will pitch in the World Finals Session on the SelectUSA Tech Pavilion stage in front of an all-female panel of judges from the VC community.
- Select Global Women in Tech Entrepreneurship Support: female business founders have an opportunity to participate in the Select Global Women in Tech Mentorship Network which connects international women tech entrepreneurs with mentors in the U.S. market.
A full list of confirmed speakers and the current agenda is available online at www.selectusasummit.us.
The 2023 Investment Summit at A Glance:
- The highest-profile event dedicated to promoting FDI in the United States.
- 52+ U.S. States and territories participating.
- 4,000+ attendees expected.
- 80+ markets represented.
- 1,900+ foreign investors.
- 17 U.S. Governors participating – including Governors from all 5 U.S. territories in person for the first time and the highest number of Governors attending in-person.
- Top White House Senior Advisors and U.S. Cabinet Members in attendance.
- 250+ speakers.
- Over 600+ economic development organization representatives attending.
MEDIA REGISTRATION: Accredited journalists must register online at: https://www.selectusasummit.us/Applications/Press-Pass-Application
For media related inquiries and troubleshooting, please email: [email protected].
ABOUT SELECTUSA: Housed within the U.S. Department of Commerce, SelectUSA promotes and facilitates business investment into the United States by coordinating related federal government agencies to serve as a single point of contact for investors. SelectUSA assists U.S. economic development organizations to compete globally for investment by providing information, a platform for international marketing, and high-level advocacy. SelectUSA also helps investors find the information they need to make decisions; connect to the right people at the local level; navigate the federal regulatory system; and find solutions to issues related to the federal government. For more information, visit www.trade.gov/selectusa
Originally posted at https://www.commerce.gov/news/press-releases/2023/04/2023-selectusa-investment-summit-brings-president-bidens-investing